Wednesday, October 22, 2008

And The Winner Is......

After much thought & consideration from our judges, a winner has been chosen! I would like to thank each of them very much for participating in our first ever Newbie Bento Contest! Please be sure to visit their great sites for lots of yumminess!
kawaiikiki

Cloud 9 Food

Okinawa Hai

Lunch Bucket Bento

OK, now back to the WINNER of the Newbie Bento Contest! THE WINNER IS ......




BACTERIAL BENTO By Coppelia D.


Bento Name: Bacterial Bento



Description: Inspired by the anime, Moyashimon, here are Aspergillus Oryzae and Penicillium Chrysogenum, two of the most popular microbes in the show!Chrysogenum was made of edamame rice onigiri also with a meatball filling. His face and arms are made of nori and soy paper. He sits on a bed of "moldy" bread (made with edamame) because he's a green mold after all! Accompanied by chow mein noodles, dried apricots and apple gummies.



Second Place Goes To.....

EVIL BUNNY BENTO By Kayleigh

Name: Evil bunny (was supposed to be like my rabbit I had when I was a kid but the eyes made it look evil :S)Contents: Tuna mayo and horseradish stuffed rice with steamed broccoli and baby carrots (for the bunny of course lol) This was my second attempt at a bento and is my fave one so far... tasted good too :D

Congrats to our winners and I hope to see you all in our next contest!


0 comments: